A compelling call to action in a blog post facilitates the reader’s ability to engage with you during or after reading the content. A call to action (CTA) plays a significant role in customer engagement and lead generation.
What is a call to action?
Call to action is a marketing term to prompt an immediate response or encourage immediate action. A CTA most often refers to using words or phrases that can be incorporated into sales scripts, advertising messages, or web pages, which compel an audience to act in a specific way. The action or CTA is commonly referred to as the most overlooked yet mission-critical component of your blog, website, or marketing strategy. The blog’s content describing a product, service, or informational piece creates interest and engagement, motivating the reader to click that CTA.
Do blog posts need a call to action?
Yes, the CTA can increase profitability by driving sales and engagement through actions. Various types of CTA can be used in blog posts.
- End of the blog post, CTA is the most common. To keep it simple, you may be asking them to connect with you via a contact form or calendar request.
- Subscribing to our blog is also very effective for marketing. You now possess the reader’s email to send subsequent blog posts vis a marketing format. Mailchimp or Constant Contact can be amended to add a little something-something and get a little promo and advertising in.
- How about asking them to leave a comment in exchange for a ‘gift’? You could send a case study, tip sheet, or checklist, depending on the nature of your business.
- I love this and experienced it myself: ask them to follow you on social media. Please give them the link, so it is super simple for them to do.
You may try a more explicit command in the CTA to encourage a user or visitor to take action:
- Receive a no-obligation review of your electrical spending.
- Click here for a free eBook on marketing tips and tricks.
- Take this short survey.
- Download a free demo of our new software.
What does a CTA signify in marketing?
A marketing call to action is focused on achieving the objective of the marketing plan. For example, if you open a new brick-and-mortar store and try to drive foot traffic to the store, the CTA may be a gift to the first 25 people on Saturday, or spend $50 and get 10% off your purchase. Marketing is a blogger’s friend to help set the tone, work on the CTA and even drive the blog topics!
How to write a call to action
Please, do not overthink this. You know your clients and your target audience, so speak to them. When crafting the CTA, use one you know will tip to engage. What would make you, as the user, click that button or complete a form? Write the call to action as if you were the user or visitor. Be creative and think of new ways to ask for their email or entice them to download the app. Be upfront and honest.
CTA is an extension of your marketing strategy.
If you are writing your blog post right now and are hard-pressed to find a call to action button, we can help. We will analyze your blogs and your website for less than the price of a month’s worth of drive-thru coffee and lattes and help you create engaging Call to Action buttons. (So here it comes) Let’s chat and sign up for a free 30-minute consultation. You can chat with me and Miss Tillie, my assistant.