We have all been there.
You are looking for something fresh to write about and the thoughts are swirling in your head. The blog content and words are not flowing and will not come out! You are facing a blank computer screen like a brick wall taunting you to come up with something good.
- Did I already blog about this?
- I don’t know how to say this!
- How do I explain the process in easy to understand terms?
Measure twice, cut once.
If you know anyone who does construction, sewing, or any other hobby or trade that requires measurement and cutting, you have heard this term. It applies to blog content writing- with a twist.
Get it out of your head! Write it all down and edit. Read it, and edit again, hence the measure twice. Now cut it- post it, blog it or email it. You are on your way.
Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. -Arthur Ashe
So simple yet so true from such a great athlete. You do not have to win the U.S. Open or drive a sports car from zero to sixty in 3.9 seconds. You just need to organize your thoughts and plan.
- Create a content calendar. House the dates/topics of all your blog posts in a spreadsheet so you know what you have done.
- Keep a parking lot folder of ideas and thoughts for future assignments.
- Talk to people who know you and your business and ask them questions about their thoughts on your business, services, and products. Great content right there!
Have some fun.
Lighten up and let your customers and prospects see you and your company at face value. Now obviously this does not apply to all industries. We have clients that are in the funeral business, legal services, and some accounting firms with serious topics and issues. Save the human side content, perhaps, for social media and post about some of the community events you participate in.
Ask for help.
We are here to help get you to level one- thinking about your business or passion and how to convey that to the world. I bet you can carve out 15 minutes to get over that brick wall and, on our way, to open skies!
[vcex_button url=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org” title=”Contact us” style=”flat” align=”left” color=”purple” size=”small” target=”self” rel=”none”]I am ready to jump that brick wall![/vcex_button]