Let’s be honest. Your mojo has left the building. Whether you are struggling with the adjustment of remote working or have difficulty focusing, your blogging mojo has taken a hit. Creativity 0. Stress 1.
What is blogging mojo?
Mojo is what gets us up in the morning as we make our trek down the stairs or across the room to our new virtual offices. It is mojo that creates energy and drive. So many of us need mojo to get blogging back into our routines.
We all know that content is king. Content does not appear from thin air. It takes planning, thought, and time. If we are reflective and honest, how many of you procrastinate when the content calendar tells you it’s time to blog? It could be because of one of these three questions:
- Do you doubt your ability to write the blog?
- Have you lost the ideas and thoughts for engaging blog content?
- Do you lack the confidence in yourself to write a blog?
Blogging mojo needs to be good mojo full of ideas, inspiration, and ambition. It produces fuel for your brain to think and create the content you need for a successful blog. If your creative mojo is in a slump, let’s get you back in the saddle. If your creative mojo has taken a permanent vacation, let’s head home and look for some blogging tips to get that creative mojo back.
3 uncomplicated approaches to get your blogging mojo back
The last thing we want to do is add to your stress, and the impact stress has had on your writing and blogging abilities. The situation is not as complicated as it appears. You need some confidence and a wide-open mind of ideas. Where do you start to build that creative mojo?
- Start small. Think of a topic that you are most comfortable with and make that your entry post back into the blogging world. Could you keep it simple, under 500-600 words? That one small win will do wonders for your mojo and significantly reduces those feelings of angst and insecurity.
- Make a plan. Change is good so embrace it. If you are a health coach and blogged with solely sharing recipes, change it up, and blog about different foods. Add in some tips for creating an herb garden. Use a content calendar to map out the next four blog posts, whether once a week or once a month. You did the heavy lifting, so stick to the plan.
- Solicit help. If you are still not feeling strong in your writing ability and blogging mojo, turn to a guest blogger. Businesses are often hesitant to use a guest blogger. If you do not compete, asking someone to blog on your site widens your knowledge base. Offering useful resources will endear your clients to you and your business. Soliciting guests to write on your website blindly can be tricky, so invite someone you know and trust.
There is no time like the present
I had the absolute pleasure this week of speaking with two groups of entrepreneurs. I found it very interesting that so many of them were curious about blogging. Their mojo was front and center, and the questions were more focused on the topic than ability. I love that.
Some time ago, we wrote a blog, SHOULD YOU BE BLOGGING DURING THE PANDEMIC? There is a thin line between self-serving and selling and staying in communication with your clients. Our clients are concerned about blogging when the coronavirus has dramatically changed how we are doing business and interacting with each other. We shared four tips that I hope help you and your blogging mojo:
Take the time to show the world who you are and what you do for a living.
- What are you passionate about? Please share it. Do you have a charity or organization that you support that is unknown? Talk about it. How has it impacted you and your business?
- Share your intel. The tools of the trade are often kept secret within the profession. Share the productivity tools you use. I still use a Franklin Planner in addition to electronic means. I love to check off the items on my to-do list physically! It feels good.
- Give advice. Offer up a 20-minute session to your clients to help them with an issue they are having. Do it on gratis. Both parties will benefit. I promise.
- Involve your team. Guest bloggers are great, and you have guest bloggers right in front of you! Do you have an employee with a hidden talent? Highlight them. Your clients will engage with them at a new level.
We are here to help
You must start somewhere, so let’s grab a cup of coffee and see how we can get your blogging skills honed and ready to take off! Sign up for a free consultation, and together we can build your blogging mojo into rock star status.